Hawken is an upcoming, free-to-play, mech-based first-person shooter under development by Adhesive Games. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic planet -- Illal -- industrialized to the point of collapse, in which the hunt for resources has become a battle for survival. Hawken favors a unique balance between the lumbering giants of Western games and the sleek robots in Eastern games. Featuring a growing number of mech customizations, maps, and stunning graphics through the Unreal 3 Engine, Hawken has made piloting a mech never come closer to reality.
Hawken Wiki Recommendations
- In order for your experience in viewing this wiki the best, please use an update-to-date version of Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. Google Chrome does not properly shade the outlines on the mech, weapon, item, and ability pages and stubs, which means that some sections of the page you're viewing will appear to blend improperly or be had to differentiate.
- Due to the way that MediaWiki loads page content, some images on some pages may not appear. To fix this, simply scroll in an applicable direction to make the images appear.
- Mozilla Firefox: Hold "Shift" and click the refresh button while viewing a page on the Hawken wiki.
- Internet Explorer: Hold "Ctrl" and click the refresh/reload button while viewing a page on the Hawken wiki.
- Google Chrome: Hold "Ctrl" and click the refresh button while viewing a page on the Hawken wiki.
- Safari: Merely click the reload button while viewing a page on the Hawken wiki.
Recent Blog Posts
Well holy hell, a new Hawken post just came out on Steam!
The mech test drive has returned! (I can finally update that bit of the homepage now) And along with that is a new forum for the community. The homepage of the official website is broken (as o…Read more >
Hello everyone! (who's still here)
It's been nearly a year since I've become the admin here at the Hawken wiki (also 13 months since Hawken was released on Steam), and I can say that a lot has and hasn't happened since then. We've cleaned up the wiki…Read more >
I'm getting seriously concerned about the fate of Hawken. There hasn't been any Hawken news since the beginning of August, not even test drive anouncements. Just recently, upon visiting the official site, I found that the community segment of the si…Read more >
Current poll lifespan: 5/1/15 to 5/31/15
Um... I don't know
Our Wiki News
- 6/14/14: The wiki editing help page is live! I just finished typing out 3000 words of reference material for you to use in case you have questions on how to edit something on the wiki. Be sure to check it out!
--TiberiumFusion (talk) 20:35, June 14, 2014 (UTC)TiberiumFusion
- It looks like the Hawken game and community are getting back on their feet
- The official Hawken forums have gotten a reboot! Check them out if you haven't already: https://community.playhawken.com/
Test Drive until 5/29/15
Each mech is armed with two weapons: one primary and one secondary. Weapons do not consume ammo, but they do have varied rates of fire and share the same capacity for heat. Once a mech overheats, both of its weapons are disabled for a short period of time. Most mechs have three primary weapons to choose from, a stock weapon, an alternate weapon (unlocked at mech rank 3), and a prestige weapon (unlocked at mech rank 5). These extra weapons can be bought with HC or MC. All mechs have a single secondary weapon that is irreplaceable. The secondary weapon is usually more powerful than the primaries, slower to fire, and generates more heat. All secondary weapons have an alternate function that can be activated by pressing the middle mouse button... Read more >